Friday, August 10, 2007

Sorry Woody....but we all have to die.

http://www.woody-allen.de/allenfront.gif
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
Woody Allen

Upon first reading, I laughed at this quote. But pondering a little more, it makes me realize that that is the very paradigm of this culture. A "culture of death" that doesn't want to die. I can't say I "want to die" either. I don't exactly want to be hit by a MAC truck any time soon, or be informed that I have a terminal illness. Yet, to "die in Christ" is gain. To die alone, apart from Him is........simply.............hell.

I pray for people like Woody. For people in the pop culture, Hollyweird, that they will see the light and come into the Church, in full communion with God, because... "In the end there is Heaven and there is Hell." (Fr. Corapi)

It's appointed man once to die. After that, the judgment.

Sobering, yet life giving, if we 'choose life.' We have our part to play in attaining salvation and that is working out our salvation in fear and trembling, which is what I am doing right now. The struggle is a tough one at present.


No comments: