Sunday, August 19, 2007

Oh boy...check out the desserts!

http://www.canteenmaine.com/images/cafeteria/cafeteria1.jpg

Some Catholics seem to think the Catholic Church looks like this. One long shiny display of doctrines to choose or not choose. They think the dogma and teachings and doctrines are under a sneeze guard, lined up for their "appeal" to the eye, or rather the ear. I've heard similar statements to these over the years...shoot, I might have even said 'em at one time! Yipes. Lord Have Mercy!

I like baptism, it's ok, you know, to be baptized, it's a fun time with family, but confession? Do we really "have" to do that still? I mean, there's no real Hell is there?

I dig what Jesus said back then about feeding the poor, that was cool, but do we really have to abstain from sexual relations before marriage? Like what's up with that? This is 2007 man... we have two house payments. Why should we be paying for two places when we're going to be living in one house in a few months? Why not just live together and save up that much more money? You know weddings aren't cheap...and really, this whole "no sex" till you're married stuff- it's like so ancient! I'm just not into all that "restriction stuff."

Man, the Catholic Church is so boring, too. I've been to the new cool church down the block and they have Starbucks and cool bagels and stuff to eat half way through the service, so I think that's pretty neat. I'm thinking about going there, cuz I mean, this "mortal sin" stuff is so, so oppressive and I just don't think the Catholic Church should be telling people what to do with their lives, or who to sleep with or not sleep with, I mean, it's not the Church's business.

http://www.loverescue.org/animations/john146.gif


"E
nter through the narrow gate," Jesus says at the end of the Sermon on the Mount. "For the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many. How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life. And those who find it are few." (Mt. 7:13-14)

No comments: