Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Mother of God....

We went to 7:00 a.m. Mass and Fr. Shane had a lovely homily about Mary, Mother of God. Yes, she is that and she is also the Mother of humanity. Why I never gave her more than a 'nod' at Christmas time most of my life now makes me sad. But, she's a loving Mother who never holds a grudge. She's forgiving of us all, who in our ignorance as Protestants (and even some Catholics) never gave her much credit for her amazing fiat. Now, I pray to imitate her, (though I fail miserably most of the time) and ask her intercession and prayers for me every day to be a better wife, mother, sister, sister-in-law, friend, co-worker, employee, and a more faithful Catholic, to learn the faith more this year, to be a better catechist and to share the light of Christ more profusely this year than the last.

I pray to you, Dearest Mary, Mama most holy, grant that I may grow in grace, humility, faith, hope, and love. I need you and desire to follow you as you lead me ever more close to your precious Son. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post..Happy New Year!