Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Devout Life...



Today we celebrate the life and faith of St. Francis De Sales. Here you can read about The Dynamics of Love.

I hope to get to know this devout and delightful Saint this year. He's the patron Saint of writers and I aspire to at least become better at it, with the joy I derive from writing. I've been called a "word smith" by a good friend in Catholic Raydio...so we'll see. Please visit my poetry blog sometime, and if you have some input or advice, or any information on Catholic poets, or poetry gathering places on line, let me know. Thanks, and God bless! St. Francis, pray for all of us bloggers. Amen.

http://www.jmanjackal.net/DeSales/images/fdesales11.jpg

5 comments:

teresa_anawim2 said...

St Frances De Sales is one of my favorites because he had a concern for the average layperson and offered spiritual direction to all. I like those saints who were down to earth and concerned for the average person.
Fine blog here.

Joyful Catholic said...

Me too, Teresa. The Holy cards of Saints, do sometimes make them just too "holy"...or too goody-good. I need to read Saints Behaving Badly. I hear it's great!

the mother of this lot said...

Try this site for poetry gathering online:

http://iamhisbeloved.wordpress.com/

I think there may be links here to others as well.

teresa_anawim2 said...

Are you kidding, or is that the name of an actual book?

Joyful Catholic said...

Hey, thanks, MOTL for the info! Teresa, it's a book. Our Spirit Morning Show host, of our Catholic Raydio station, www.kvss.com interviewed author, Thomas Craughwell last year. It was a great interview and might be on an archive on the station's website.