Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Sarah and Scott...

Posted by Picasa

Our last road trip was to see Scott Hahn in Lincoln Ne. Nov 4, 2007.
We were so glad he took the time to pose and chat with us. I was tickled that he remembered me from the pilgrimage to Rome in May.

I will miss my "spiritual daugher" Sarah. She left yesterday for Panhandle, Texas, where she was accepted to the School Sisters of St. Francis. I am happy for her, but so sad, too. It's a bittersweet time for me. She and I met at a Pro Sanctity retreat in Schuyler, Nebraska last January, 2007. We've only had this past year together, but we clicked right off the bat! We enjoyed movies, road trips, going to Confession together, dining out, and just killing time. We had a blast and a ball together. I never had a daughter of my own. Sarah, God bless you. I know you won't see this for a while. I know you'll be able to receive visitors down the line, after you're situated and all that, but I can't help but feel the emptiness now. It's sinking in like it didn't the last time we were together. I'm glad we had out last night out for Chinese food, even if we didn't get our first choice, Thai Pepper.
: )

God bless and keep you as you discern this religious life. I'll forever love you, miss you, remember you and cherish our memories. I know we'll have more but I will miss my little pal.

Your "other mom"
susie

No comments: