Sunday, January 04, 2009

I just learned a new word today,...



The word? Vinculum

It sounds very interesting. Vinculum means "bond." I have such a desire for real bonding with other Christians, not just "Donut Sunday coffee chat." A longing for "true community" as we're living in such a world pushing individualistic life/religion, in such isolation. Even with the many friends we have, I find there's a longing and the need for deeper and more intimate community, as in Acts 2. We need real "Solidarity" to withstand the "shake down" that's ahead for the Church all over the world, but especially here in the U.S. of A. after voting in the most PRO ABORTION president and administration (many who call themselves Catholic, by the way). The Miles Jesus is an interesting site and reminds me of what I've heard of Opus Dei. Anyone else out there who's involved in Miles Jesus, I'd appreciate any comments to learn more about this apostolate from actual members. How apropos to find this on this the feast of the Epiphany, which I just discovered is core to the charism of Miles Jesu.

4 comments:

Catechesis of the Good Shepherd said...

I have a brother who just left Miles Jesu after 20 years. It has many serious issues right now and the new Father General is under intense scrutiny in Rome. There is much to be cautious about here!
God Bless.

Joyful Catholic said...

Thank you for commenting. Keep me posted.

Anonymous said...

I've had experience with both Miles Jesu and Opus Dei - and there is no comparison - Opus Dei is truly inspired and founded by God. I am relieved to hear that MJ is finally being investigated. For the last ten years I sometimes wondered why I never read anything critical because I had observed and experienced a number of things that would be considered unethical and unprofessional behavior, indicating that something was rotten in Denmark. The members that I met though were very nice, pious, and I'm sure had good intentions. We should pray for them.

Anonymous said...

i have always heard good things about Miles Jesu. All Orders go through their trials. It would be interesting to know what these "victim" members are currently doing and what types of lives they are leading.