Friday, June 01, 2007

Eastern Catholic Churches.


Please visit this site and learn about the Eastern Catholic Churches. There was a beautiful, young woman, Julie, on the pilgrimage who's discerning a religious order. She's Byzantine and I wish I'd have been able to talk to her at length, because I have so much to learn about our Eastern brothers and sisters. She and her mother were making this pilgrimage together as she's ready to embark on her call. I thought that was one of the most beautiful things to witness, this young woman and this sweet mother, who's raised such a thoughtful and caring daughter. I can only say "thank you" to the parents who encourage vocations to the religious life and not try to hold back their sons or daughters selfishly because of their own desires.

God bless and keep you both!

susie

No comments: