Sunday, November 23, 2008

We went to Immaculate Conception Church today...

For High Latin Mass. It was so reverent and so "holy" and so beautiful. I felt like a little girl just distracted by all the loveliness. My husband hadn't really been to latin mass since he was about 8, so it was a flash from the past for him. It is a gorgeous old church, and I loved it. I even wore a mantilla and Father wore a black biretta. The homily was challenging and much better than the "fluffy stuff" we've been hearing. I love our home parish, but I did find out that we can become members of both parishes, since IC is strictly Latin. We're considering it. Dual parish, bi-lingual Catholics? :) I would love to learn Latin. It is so soothing...the choir, singing the entire mass was like being bathed in God's sweet and glorious grace! Even if I didn't understand it all or follow very well. Kneeling at the communion rail....the attentive reverent altar boys...deacon, parishoners...just a wonderful and holy hour! If you're ever in Omaha or the area and desire a truly blessed experience and holy time with our Lord and our Lady, at Latin Mass, come to Immaclate Conception! Come December 8, I think I know where we'll be!!! HERE.

1 comment:

Lyda said...

I'm so glad you came! My family and I are now members of Immaculate Conception (we were formerly at St. Wenceslaus). IC is a truly special place and the FSSP priests are top notch. I hope you will come often!