Thursday, February 04, 2010

Little Nellie of Holy God...


I was just watching Forgotten Heritage, a program on EWTN and learned more about this little precocious child, who love Jesus in the Eucharist so much, and was so excited to receive Him before she died (at 4 1/2 yrs of age.) She's surely an example for our children, but perhaps even more for us adults, who've "grown up too much" and no longer have the 'childlike trust' to meditate and contemplate Jesus Real Presence in the Eucharist. Here is her story. Little Nellie, pray for us!

4 comments:

saintos said...

This is so timely as I prepare my talks for the parish mission at which I have been invited to speak. God bless you.

Cheptoek said...

I watched it too. I am still awestruck by her faith and devotion at that tender age.

Joyful Catholic said...

Hey Owen, thanks. I've been praying for you. You come to my mind often. I'll get over to 'see' you at your e-home one of these days. Pray for me to become the 'me' God wants. I'm in a desert, but thirsting only for the Eucharist, and the conversion of sinners...nothing else matters.

Joyful Catholic said...

Hi Caroline. I was so 'awestruck' as well. She should be Saint Nellie! I can't see the "hold up" on canonizing her, simply because she's so young. She was wise far beyond her years. Almost like "Mary" as a girl. Not 'full of grace' as only Mary was, but by far more full than me and most that I know!