Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Yesterday was the feast of Our Lady of Zeitoun, Egypt...

Zeitoun Web Gallery
"On April 2, 1968, the Virgin Mary began to appear, surrounded by a glowing light, above the Coptic Orthodox Church of St. Mary in Zeitoun. She continued to appear for over 2 years and was seen by millions of people from all different religions"

the above is from Kathleen's article

h/t Kathleen

I will pray for Kathleen. I don't say that with any kind of superiority whatsoever. I'm here by the grace of God and only by His grace. It's obvious she has a deep love for Our Blessed Mother, from reading her article. However, there seems to be a bit of sarcasm toward the Catholic Church in her words. I read her bio and like all of us, sometimes curiosity can harm us, even if our intent is to simply "learn" about other religions or faiths. If we aren't grounded firmly in our faith, it can be dangerous. I'm not implying she's in imminent danger, but I do think there some dubious interests she's mentioned and I simply want to pray for her, for us all, to learn our Catholic faith, to live it and love it with all our heart, because there are 'wolves' out there and within who can easily mislead and lure us away from the One Faith, and then devour us through our own pride, for when we think we're in control and strong, we're most vulnerable. God bless you Kathleen. I pray our Blessed Mother hold you close to her immaculate heart and keep you safe from all dangerous lies. I pray she wraps you tightly in her mantle. Never forget to call upon her if you find yourself in temptation of possibly leaving the Church. I guess I find it curious that one can be a Catholic and also a Unity church member...?

Kathleen's bio:
Kate Perez is a former Army brat, computer programmer, karate teacher, alpaca farmer, and Catholic; she's also a current Tai Chi teacher, Quaker, Unity Church member, webmaster, and Floridian. She has an obsessive interest in religion and spirituality.

No comments: