Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mary...Sweetest Mother in and beyond the world...

Reading about Our Lady in the cave, waiting for Jesus, makes me think what was it like? What was Mary's voice like? What was she telling those around her about her Son? Did she tell them stories about his childhood? How he would follow Joseph to the carpenter shop and how quickly he learned to master the tools and wood and rock to create useful implements for the townspeople? I hope one day to hear her voice. I know it's not very humble of me to desire her to appear to me, or speak to me as she has to many Saints through the ages. I'm not holy enough, I know, but my heart still longs for her touch/voice/smile/face/presence. Is it ok to ask for her to reveal herself to our physical eyes? Is it too "proud" to ask her and to desire it? I don't mean it to be. I just love her so much. I'm content to read about her and "hear" her in the books I read, like The Glories of Mary, but still.......

Any thoughts out there? Do any of you think about Mary like I do?

No comments: