Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Escape from Nihilism...

Dr. J. Budziszewski was on TJH last night. We're watching it now. I can relate in a way, how much more "logic" has played a part in my life since our return to the CC, which makes total sense, and is reasonable and logical and orderly. God left a Church that is in "order" not chaotic. Yes, there's dissent, as always, among the sinners in the Church, but there's complete order, TRUTH is order, not chaos. Logic and truth will prevail and when we're seeking the Truth, the Holy Spirit will lead us to Him, right there IN the tabernacle of the CC and the Church's teachings on faith and morals which are STABLE and TRUE, for the Church, the Bride and the Groom are ONE. TJ, this might be a good one for Jon. I see now how our boys, both baptized in the Catholic Church, are now coming to see the Truth for WHO (not what) truth is. That most poweful grace given at baptism DOES and WILL bring those prodigals home, just like it did us. The Holy Spirit moving in our hearts, shedding the "Love of God in our hearts, is where the grace is always working. We need to pray for the hearts of our loved ones to become softened to receive even one small drop of that grace, and then TRUST that they will find THE WAY of CHRIST, and the path to where HE is, like the 5th Joyful Mystery, "Finding Jesus in the Temple" ...I was praying those mysteries yesterday, and when I came to that one, it dawned on me that that is the one that's "exploded" and burst with radiant splendor in my heart and has illumined my mind. I HAVE FOUND JESUS....not just as "my personal Lord and Savior" but THERE, THE TRUE PRESENCE in that golden, or silver, or otherwise decorative box, the Tabernacle. The Presence of Jesus as I'd never before known!

2 comments:

Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks Susie, I didn't see it but will download the archived version.
Apparently he was instrumental in Dr. Francis Beckwith's conversion

Joyful Catholic said...

It was a VERY POWERFUL episode and will no doubt have a far reaching effect on wandering, hungry souls!