Sunday, December 30, 2007

Adoration...




"Of all devotions, that of adoring Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the greatest after the Sacraments, the one dearest to God and the one most helpful to us."
— St. Alphonsus Liguori


Adoration

Being gone over a week while in Texas, I realized how much I missed going to daily Mass. When you're used to going to daily Mass and then you don't go for so long, it seems to "show up" inside one's soul, if that makes any sense. I also missed my adoration time with the Lord last Sunday. I signed up for Sunday evenings at our parish and have made it 3 weeks in a row until last Sunday. I'm surely going to go tonight even though it's very cold and I'm tired from being on the go for a long, funfilled week. I read this quote above and it spoke to me loud and clear. I need all the help I can get, for I'm weak and my appetite for sin is sometimes so strong. Not to go off and commit mortal sin, by any means, but the "little foxes" nipping at one's heels are what trips one up, you know what I mean? Those pesky sins that affect us and our moods. The ones that we cling to at times, then end up thinking "Well, that's the way I am. I'll never change." That's the lie of the Father of Lies talking then. Not the Holy Spirit. The Spirit and the Bride say "Come" the other voice says, "Stay home. You're tired and cranky and you have a cold and you've already blown it today not long after Mass." That's the lie that I can't buy. The bait I can't take. I'd appreciate your prayers. God Bless you all and I hope you have a very blessed and peaceful transition into 2008 and that your journey and walk with the Lord will be more close, more intimate and more blessed this year than the past. JMJ

PAX CHRISTI,
susie

1 comment:

Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Amen to all of the above Susie.
Prayers for you
.