Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The "cell" within us...the holy sacred place

I was reading The Hermitage Within last night. This book, written by an anonymous monk is absolutely excellent! It is chock full of incredible wisdom. I suggest it to anyone desiring to be closer and more intimate with Jesus. I've been going through some aridity, and some internal suffering, some due to my own selfishness, but some due to, I think, seeing how many people there are who "don't care to seek God." The people at work who get their news and information from shows like The View...and their entertainment from other insipid sources. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "judging their souls" for only God is Judge, however, it makes me sad for them, that so much of this deeper life, the FULLNESS of Christ is not in their sights so to speak. I pray for my workplace, and to be a light there. I had one opportunity to say something last Friday, but I didn't. Do some of you sometimes have difficulty in sharing your faith? I know many times, it's easier to "yap" when one should be quiet, but sometimes we do need to open our mouths. Pray for me to "know the difference" of these times. To speak the truth in love and not lose heart. There are many at my office who aren't even voting, or don't care about this crucial election. One other one is voting for Obama. She is 19 or 20 and is so blinded by the "false hope" he spews. I just want to be as my friend, Kris, says: "The handmaid of the handmaid of the Lord." I need to be a woman of silence, but I also need to "do as he tells me" and speak. I pray to be bold and wise and humble. I need humility, to grow in faith, hope and love. Thank you for your prayers and please, someone get and read the above mentioned book and let me know what you think. It has helped me immensely already in the few short chapters I've read in the last hour or two. Much to ponder.

2 comments:

Desert Pilgrim said...

Wonderful post and I love your blog, and I want to thank you for the very encouraging comment you left on my blog.
Blessings in Christ.

Joyful Catholic said...

Hi DP...thank you for coming over and commenting. PAX