Monday, January 18, 2010

Loved Sinner...



Upon arriving at this blog awhile ago, my heart did a little leap of joy, seeing this photo of the plaza of the St. Francis Basilica in Assisi. I was there and sat on that very bench in May, 2007 - with pilgrims from all over the States on the "Behold Your Mother" Rome/Assisi pilgrimage, led by Scott Hahn and Mike Aquilina. What a fond memory. And Psalm 51 has such significant meaning for me, (for all sinners) but me, especially, being the greatest, biggest sinner of my family/Church that I know of ... I cling to these words of King David, it's what I pray and prayed so many times over the years. "Create in me a clean heart, (for my Lord to dwell,) and renew a right spirit within me." Those are the words I pray in my heart while going to receive my Lord in the Holy Eucharist at every Mass. St. Francis, pray for us!

5 comments:

Mike said...

Those were fun days indeed!

Cheptoek said...

One of my dreams is to go to Assisi. St. Francis and his love for the Lord just leaves me in awe.

Joyful Catholic said...

Hi Mike! Thanks for stopping by. I was delighted to find your comment. Kris returns from Guatemala Wednesday. I've not seen her for a long time. Looking forward to her return. Maryella stays in contact with me. She's so sweet! God bless.

Joyful Catholic said...

Caroline, I would go again to Assisi in a heart beat! And spend a month or two...or three! It was my favorite of the pilgrimage for sure. Rome is gorgeous, but it was almost "too much" and 'go go go' whereas the minute I stepped off the bus in Assisi, the peace draped around me like a mantle....Mary's mantle. It was BLISSFUL from the frenetic pace we'd kept for 5 days. We stayed right across the street from Saint Clare!!! My confirmation saint!

Cheptoek said...

Thank you for sharing that.