Monday, January 18, 2010

And Mary said, "Do whatever He tells you to do." ...


Oh, Mary, my mother, I offer you my soul, my mind and my heart. Make of me God's instrument. Give me a penetrating mind to discover, firm to judge, open to understand, free to serve the truth; an honest mind in telling what it sees rather than what it wants to see; a tolerant mind, which does not dictate to other people, but which explains what it sees clearly; a mind infused by the light and the truth of your Son Jesus, patient in faith while waiting for the vision of eternal life. Amen. - A. Hanrion S.J.

CAVEAT for the more "thin-of-skin" or potentially "knee-jerk" PC readers: To "judge" as Fr. Hanrion states here, does not mean to "judge another's soul." That only God can/will do. It only means to make fair judgements as we all have to do, in judging our own actions as well as those of others. "You will know them by their fruits," means in fact, that we certainly must wisely judge actions and 'weigh' or judge our decisions/choices. To "judge" with prudence, with wisdom to make the correct choices that lead to life everlasting, and hopefully not to eternal death.

No comments: