Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What moves the heart of God?

http://www.askwhy.co.uk/christianity/centurn.gifWhen Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to him, saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully.” He said to him, “I will come and cure him.” The centurion said in reply, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed. For I too am a man subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. I say to you, many will come from the east and the west, and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the banquet in the Kingdom of heaven.”
Jesus is amazed by our faith! The faith given us by Him, when acted on in obedience is what amazes GOD! I think of all the stuff he's created... every colossal thing to the most minute. He 'spoke' all of that into existence and it's a "piece of cake" to Him to create universes and beasts and planets and solar systems and snowflakes -a piece of cake! It is 'nothing' to Him, for it's only 'stuff'...but our faith...even small as a mustard seed, now that's something else! We can amaze our Lord by simply giving him our faith, like this Centurion, though a grown man, was still trusting like a "child" and he amazed our Lord!

We have the POWER to AMAZE JESUS, the WORD OF GOD, who was and is and is to come by giving him our trust and our faith! It amazes me to think of this! I've been pondering this off and on since that day's reading back at the start of Advent. He's amazed only by faith, NOTHING else! He looked around and "felt the fire" of that woman's faith who touched his garment...and the Centurion's and the men who lowered the paralytic through the roof. He's amazed by us when we receive, "open" and use the precious gift of our faith...we MOVE His MOST SACRED HEART by our "yes" our "okay, God, I don't understand anything right now, but "be it done to me according to your Word" "Jesus, I TRUST IN YOU." When He comes back to earth, it's FAITH He hopes to find, not eloquence, not brains, not scholastics, not geniuses, (though there's certainly nothing wrong with being brilliant, eloquent, and all that, when it's given back to God in humility... but it's the FAITH OF A CHILD, that will delight our Lord, not how much we "know" but how much we "trust") Isn't it mind boggling???? We hold the power to amaze our Creator God, our ABBA FATHER, Our LORD and REDEEMER by just being His kids...his trusting little children! Paul Mac said it all when he said, "MAYBE I'M AMAZED........"

The image “http://www.letsdiscussjesus.org/jesus_with_kid.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments: