Monday, January 22, 2007

Hi everyone...

I'm back. I was gone this past weekend on a discernment retreat. Developing a Discerning Heart, led by Pro Sanctity national director, Teresa Monaghan. Please visit the website and know that I am praying for all of you, and thank you all so much for your encouraging comments and taking time to stop by and 'visit' and post. This internet is so valuable in making the global Church small, intimate and nurturing the faith of so many of us. I don't know where all of you live, but wouldn't it be nice if we could meet someplace sometime this side of Heaven? I used to be a Glenn Beck listener, and huge fan, (now I'm praying for his return to his Catholic heritage/Faith.) In his forums there were so many like-minded fans that they'd find out where they all were and made time to gather for dinner/or even overnight somewhere and meet others fond of his program.

If they can do it, we can, too! We don't have a mere mortal in common, but Jesus and His Eucharist. What say you? Any of you near Omaha or are going to be near Omaha in the next year? Or perhaps we could all make plans to meet at EWTN next year for a pilgrimage and meet one another. Think about it. God Bless you. I'll be back online to visit your blogs, too. I don't get to do that as often as I'd like right now, but I'm glad we all have each other in this battle for souls that daily rages around us. The enemy is devious and crafty. Jesus is LORD of all and has WON our victory. We just need to pick up our crosses and meet a "Simon" now and then to help us on our bloody path. Praise God we're back Home and here for each other.

susie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Susie and Rich! I love the blog! The Discernment retreat was wonderful wasn't it? On top of that we got to meet other children of God, who are doing His will, like you! I'm very excited about RECON! You will see me there sooner or later.

Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

welcome back!!!

Joyful Catholic said...

Thanks TJ! It's always so good to hear from you. Thanks for visiting and for your insightful comments. You keep me posting...iron sharpens iron, eh? I've told many people about your blog, so I hope you get more visits, too. I passed our RECON card out to a few at the retreat and have had a few email me. Hope our next meeting might have a few new faces. We are going to be interviewed on KVSS Spirit Mornings right around Lent, not sure if before or during. I'll let everyone know. I hope to have our first RECONeer, RECONite on with us, too. Blessings to you and yours and everyone reading this at the moment. Thanks for stopping by!

susie

Unknown said...

The Discerning Retreat was the bomb! I certainly feel that consolation right now and hope that it could last forever - but we know that's not the way it works! Anytime we suffer we have to remember that we are experiencing the things Christ experienced and that makes us strong. For the moment I'm just going to enjoy the grace and roll with it!

I see they are also having a Saturday retreat for Women Disciples. Any other retreaters interested?

Kim