Friday, February 13, 2009

The seven joys of Mary...

I'm pretty new, and though I could deduce some, I didn't know the "7 Joys" until now. I'm reading a book about Don Bosco (Don Bosco, A Spiritual Portrait) and they were mentioned so I did a search and found this stunning image of Our Lady and Baby Jesus. I'm experiencing a deep and profound joy in my soul of late, almost a heavenly elation, even amidst the horrible things going on in our world and our country at present. It was nice to come upon these this morning. I will be meditating on them today, eventhough it's Friday, the day of the Sorrowful Mysteries. For even in the midst of such heavy sorrows, it was the Joy of the Lord that gave Mary her strength to endure the sufferings and blows of the Passion of her Son. She had the childlike trust always, which she will grace us all with, as we carry our own crosses on our way to heaven in this vale of tears and exile. So for the other neophytes of the Catholic faith out there, here are the 7 Joys of Our Blessed Mother.
  1. The Annunciation
  2. The Nativity of Jesus
  3. The Adoration of the Magi
  4. The Resurrection of Christ
  5. The Ascension of Christ to Heaven
  6. The Pentecost or Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and Mary
  7. The Coronation of the Virgin in Heaven

No comments: