Sunday, April 01, 2007

Paul McCartney - Fine Line (www.beatlesperu.com)

Every choice we make does make a difference. I think this same thought is expressed in the pages of the bible: "Choose today whom you will serve..." "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." "Choose Life!"



as always, my FAV "FAB FOUR" GUY does it with finesse, and a voice that still brings out the 16 year old in me. Sometimes I think in some ways, I was more mature at 16...compared to the sins of my adulthood, 16 was nothing. However, this prodigal daughter found her way back Home To Rome...and I know, and I believe, that this Catholic son...will also find his way back to Mother Mary, who will come to him, singing words of wisdom and he'll "Let it Be..." and find grace and salvation and who knows, maybe he and Marcus Grodi can jam on The Journey Home one of these Monday nights! How cool would that be??!! Paul, you've got all the money you could ever want or need...you've had the fame, and fortune, and you've managed to keep your wits about you when so many others faded fast and even died from drugs or alcohol. You one day will find yourself in a place where money won't matter one whit...and no amount of fame will matter either. My heartfelt prayer for you, Paul, is that you'll not "Maybe be amazed," but BE amazed at so great a LOVE reaching out to you all your life, and you'll reach out and take that nail-scarred hand and the hand of your Mother, Mary (both of them) and make even more beautiful music in Heaven.

I'm still a "girl" at heart...God love 'ya, Paul.

susie

2 comments:

Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

he is starting to sound more and more like Phil Keaggy! Or is it the other way around! :)
Pray that they both come home to the Church.
Phil was from a devout Catholic family.

Joyful Catholic said...

Amen to that, TJ! They kind of "morph" don' they? I mean, Phil is sounding so "Paul," these days, too.

They did meet back in the late 80's or early 90's when Phil played for Linda's sister's wedding. He gave Paul a custom guitar from the guy who makes Phil's. I have a picture of them sitting on the bed at the hotel jamming. It's a cool pic!

I pray one day soon, they'll be back to the CC and on the Journey Home. Wouldn't Marcus just be thrilled? Jesus Mary we love you...save souls!