Friday, December 01, 2006

The Nativity...


The casting is exquisite! The music, rapturous. The cinematography transports you onto the rocky terrain, and "gets you wet" in the river! Awesome in the truest sense of the word.
In the end, when Mary speaks, or prays rather, Her Magnificat, her "Song" is where I teared up. I need to go again....and "pray it" as Kris said this a.m. on Spirit Morning show http://www.kvss.com. It is the most phenomenal movie of this genre I've EVER seen. Jesus of Nazareth was good- really good- for it's time, and was very moving w/out a doubt. However, THIS is powerful in the most subtle and yet overwhelmingly "humanly spiritual" way in it's simplicity and for the WHOLE family, even little kids. There were some 5, 6, 7 year olds there last night and there were no "antsy" movements from any of them that I could see or hear around me. The story is so well known to all of us, you might be tempted to think, "oh I've seen it" before. No, you haven't. Seeing Joseph portrayed so "real" (not wimpy, or dully!) and all of the cast so genuinely HUMAN was genius! Joseph finally gets his "due" in this film. Keisha who plays Mary is so serene, youthful, innocent, yet "pondering" and so "Mary." It was wonderful to be in on the sneak preview last night with the KVSS crew. Arch Bishop Curtiss absolutely loved it, as did Fr. Val Peter and Fr. Boes from Boy's Town, and other religious from the Arch diocese. It is a MUST MUST MUST SEE! If you don't see this movie during this Advent season/Christmas season you'll be missing something extraordinary. It can and will change you. God is IN this movie. There. NUFF SAID. GO SEE IT.
susie with both thumbs up,all my toes and my goblet of merlot, raised in a toast. BEST MOVIE of 2006... in my opinion.

No comments: