Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Word of Promise...


Happened to see "Jim Caviezel Special" on our DISH listing this a.m. and went to TBN, (I confess I rarely do that anymore) and watched this program, a great interview with Jim and some pastor regarding the audio version of the bible that has been produced. It was a very powerful show, I hoped would be on again to record, but it isn't. It was nice to see Catholics and other Christians from other denoms in unison regarding this project. I kept wondering if this project included all 73 books of the bible, but at the time of this posting, I'm assuming it doesn't, which is sad, but I could be wrong. I suppose with all the evangelical support, it probably doesn't have the 7 books Luther removed, and that's sad in and of itself, but all in all, like I said, it was nice to see Catholics and other Christians unified on this. And as Jim said at the end of this powerful program, with tears in his eyes and his heart in his throat, and his obvious passion about this project and his hope for what this dramatic rendering can accomplish in our dark and troubled world in the hearts of listeners: "You're not made to 'fit in' you were born to 'stand out.'" He said a number of times during the interview that if you're a Christian, filled with joy, you won't have to say a word, the light will show through and attract others... much like what Saint Francis said, eh? It's true, when our joy is "full" (and for me, that's best being in the Church where the "fullnes of God dwells") it will show, but we do have to 'reconnect to the Truth' not just here and there, but daily, and pray that His light/joy will show through us, as we daily strive for holiness. Holiness is happiness. To be happy is to be holy, and to be holy is to be happy and not just 'surface happy' but JOYFUL. If this audio bible can touch lives, then I say that is a great thing and something I believe we'll be purchasing and sharing with others. Hey Paula, does Gloria Deo have the WORD OF PROMISE?

2 comments:

Cheptoek said...

Do you know if one can see the interview you saw on you tube or somewhere on the web? Sounds like it was a great interview. I really like Jim Caviezel. Thanks.
If I may ask what is your first name?

Cheptoek said...

Okay I think I have figured your first name is Susie. I am just reading more of your blog since I just discovered it recently. You write great and very important stuff.