Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ponder this...

The greatest humiliation of all: When Jesus, the God-Man knelt, and holding in his hand a towel, (the sign of a slave) gently, and with most tender mercy, and deepest love, washed the feet of...

Judas.



I paraphrased the quote above, by Archbishop Fulton Sheen from his t.v. program. When he said it, I was just "struck"...I was listening intently and then while he paused, as he does so ingeniously being the most profound speaker he was, I was thinking, "Peter. He's going to say Peter." But instead, he said....Judas. That he said Judas just gave me chills. It seemed like he would have said "Peter" but he said Judas. What great love he has for us ALL. Sinners, saints, faithful, prodigal...so great a love that he gave his life for us, WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS.

No comments: