Sunday, November 25, 2007

The River Knows Your Name...

This is my first YOU TUBE video attempt. I'd appreciate any input from my on line pals. When you watch, please pray for my friend, Father G. and all of our wonderful, holy priests who are ''spending and consuming themselves for souls" and being attacked from all sides because of it.

These are photos of my recent junket to Wisconsin, in October '07 to visit Fr. G. There are two photos from the Tiber River from the pilgrimage to Rome in May with Scott Hahn and Mike Aquilina, where Father and I met. I posted those two because of the words of the song: "...As your Mama sings a lullaby," which was significant to me as meaning (my interpretation that is) "Mama Mary/Mother Church." The other river shots are of the Niobrara (along the Nebraska/South Dakota border near Valentine, NE. around Smith Falls) and the winter sunset last year as it shimmered across the Platte, (last two pics at the end.)

Thanks to John Hiatt for the haunting melody and most beautiful lyrics. This is one of my most favorite songs of his. It is such a meaningful song to me. I hope it will be played at my funeral.

~ Father G., thank you for taking me to see "your" River. It was a wonderful and perfect day. Thank you for the sacrifice you make each and every day to bring Christ to people and people to Christ. You never hear those words enough, but I mean them from the bottom of my heart. Your reward will be great in Heaven, Father, so please know my prayers are with you always and please, please, never give up, but persevere to the end, as I am confident you will, and one day we all will meet merrily in Heaven in the joy of the beatific vision and enjoy the company of our beloved big sisters and brothers, the Saints, who are cheering us all on to the very end!

Thanks to all of my friends for your prayers and for checking in from time to time at "This ol' Blog."

PAX,
susie


2 comments:

Marie said...

Thanks Susie:)

I love visiting your 'ol blog'.

Peace & JOY to you:)

Marie

Anonymous said...

Susie:)

Ginny & have made an Award that celebrates the real meaning of Christmas. We hope that you will place this Award on your blog and pay it forward. Let others know and use this Award to express the real reason for Christmas. The birth of our Lord and Savior.

Peace & JOY to you:)

Marie