Sunday, June 13, 2010
Regarding "CHICK" tracts ...
From a facebook friend:
Though these fundamentalists have sincere intentions their "claims" are based on sloppy interpretation of the Bible. Consider these claims to be lies exploited by the diabolical. Quick responses:
1.Baptism. Adult baptisms are shown b/c examples in Acts involve new converts before the 1st generation of children born to Christian families. Baptism ... replaces circumcision. See Colossians 2:11-12.
2. The Pope. Is Pastor for the worldwide Church. He speaks on matters of faith and morals. This should not conflict with being a good Citizen.
3. Sacrament of Penance. Catholics have an advantage to make a good confession to Christ through the priest who is bibilcally an ambassador of Christ 2 Cor 5:20. Protestants generally are lacking in repentance and confession because they don't celebrate this sacrament (I was Protestant last year!).
4. The Eucharist. They deny Lords own words in Matt 26:26. Just memorize this verse. Jesus commanded us to remember Him by believing in the Eucharist.
5. Burning of heretics in the 15th century. Reformed protestants were guilty of doing like wise to Baptists back then. Both sides are guilty of violence.
6. Connecting the Blessed Mother to paganism. This is a complete invention w/o historical proof. In fact, historical proof shows Christians have always honored Mary since early Christianity. Anybody can invent stories.
And from another friend's blog a great "Chick schtick!"