Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A Friend Writes About His "Epiphany" Moment...



Russ answered a post of mine on Facebook, about how it seems that MANY Christians, here in America, at least, are more likely to make the "Burger King" their "King" all while claiming to follow the One King, Jesus Christ...simply by the numerous sects and countless denominations scattered around the country/globe now, since the earliest times, but ever so much more widely abounding since the Reformation's "cancerous spread" of them.

It's not that these people are bad, (some might be) but most are not "bad" at all, most are simply just "wrong." Many are even 'brainwashed' into thinking the Catholic Church is the "Whore of Babylon" and are almost like 'robots' programmed to bleat out falsehood/misinformation/downright lies about the Catholic Church/Faith. So they continue to search and wander amid the countless thousands of sects/denoms/fellowhips, etc.

Going hither, thither and yon to find that "one place" where they can hang their spiritual hat and call 'home.' But then, the sad thing is, that place, too, will come under attack, something will happen that others don't agree with and the "exodus" of congregants will begin. They will leave for another fellowship, or perhaps order the "Start Your Own Church" kit on line, and do just that.

It is a very sad commentary on "Christendom," and how it must grieve our Lord and the Holy Spirit who was sent to 'lead and guide the Church' into *ALL* TRUTH. But the way it is anymore is that many still prefer 'their own church' and 'their own Jesus' to accommodate 'their own interpretation' of scriptures and thus prefer Burger King's dictum: Have it 'your way.'

Not exactly the "unity" Jesus prayed for in John 17 is it?

Here's Russ's reply:

Yes, Susie, one of the tenets of the reformers could have been SOLO MIO!

" Only MY WAY of understanding God."

I blogged on this idea of surrendering my personal kingship when I had that epiphany :

...In the early spring of 2004, while watching the Passion of the Christ, for the first time I saw how much Christ had suffered for me. It was as if my eyes were opened anew despite years of having read the gospels. I had always believed it but not until I saw his suffering displayed so graphically did I finally say: "Ok, God, since you did that for me, I will do anything for you." "Anything?" He asked me in the quiet darkness. "Yes, Jesus" I said back to him with hot tears running down my cheeks trying to contain my sobs. "I will do anything you ask of me." My next thought was "I'd even become Catholic!" One of the most contrary things I could think of at the time.

* I would even surrender MY IDEA of what a church should look like.

* I would even surrender My RIGHT to understand the Bible my way.

* I would even surrender MY PREFERENCE of worship styles and practices.

* I would even surrender MY BITTERNESS against the Church of my youth and my parent's religion.

Giving up our rights as a King of out own theological kingdom is a tough thing to do, especially if we are mistakenly thinking we are submitted to the Bible only and the Holy Spirit. What we really are is submitted to is our interpretation or our pastor's interpretation etc.

We all have a magisterium of one type or another over us. Catholics are just more honest about it and admit, it's the Church, not me.

Find out more and learn more about the Catholic Church/Faith here:

Russ's Blog


Are you going to continue to 'split off' and have it [Christianity/church/Faith/the bible]
"your way?"

Or GOD'S?

What "King" will you serve?

Come Back to the

"MAIN BRANCH"

JESUS
&
HIS CHURCH

No comments: