Friday, May 07, 2010

A comment at a great Facebook site...

After reading this brilliant comment that made me grin from ear to ear, I figured it needed to be posted post haste ... so I posted it over here. As found at: "Catholics ARE Christians!" as written by Chris Timson
Enjoy. - susie



"I'm sorry but I was almost crying from laughing so hard at this! When I left the Church I went from "church" to "church", from cult to cult and always came up empty when it came to my questions being answered. Every single experience also proved to me that at some point, the "church" I was going to at a particular point, had ALWAYS changed the Bible to suit whatever made them comfortable. "If it's not in the Bible, I won't believe it!" was always a common cry.

Mary IS mentioned in the Bible and so is her Magnificat, yet protestants and others call us heretics and sinful for recognizing it when they don't. Christ instructed the apostles to have the Last Supper done again in His name, as we do through our celebration of the Eucharist. It's in the Bible and yet the protestants tell us we have it all wrong. We recognize Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist but protestants cry that it's sacrilege. Confession is in the Bible yet protestants deny it.

So, if what we're doing what IS in the Bible, how did we become "heretics" and "sinful" and "blasphemers?" Why do protestants say it isn't? Perhaps it's because we don't change the Bible to get comfortable and they do. Ours is not a religion or faith of convenience or comfort. Jesus told us that we would be persecuted and that if we are to follow Him we must pick up our Cross (trials and tribulations) daily and follow Him.

Let us pray that the eyes of the "doubting Thomas-es" outside our Faith will be opened to the True Word of God. Let us pray that they will repent and believe the Good News of the True Gospel. Let us pray that God will yet have mercy on this world for all the pain and suffering that others have committed in His Holy Name. Amen.

Have a truly wonderful and Blessed day! :)"

No comments: